Are you happy with the way your teeth look? If you're like many people, you wouldn't mind improving your smile. Thanks to a variety of cosmetic dentistry treatments, it's easier than ever to enhance your smile and boost your self-confidence. Your Easton, MD dentist, Dr. Kristine Houck Morris, explains how cosmetic dentistry can help you feel proud to show the world your pearly whites.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dental treatments improve the appearance of your teeth. Common treatments include:
- Teeth Whitening: Brushing your teeth only removes surface stains. If you want to remove stains that have penetrated the enamel of your teeth, teeth whitening is an excellent option. Although you'll find plenty of teeth whitening products in stores, professional whitening is more effective and gentler on your teeth. Talk to your Easton dentist, we can help make your teeth three to eight shades whiter.
- Veneers: Veneers may be thin, but they do an excellent job of improving the way your teeth look. The thin porcelain pieces are attached to the front surfaces of your teeth and hide a variety of cosmetic issues, including gaps, chips and slightly crooked or oddly shaped teeth. Veneers can be produced in any shade and are often used to whiten teeth.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding consists of a soft, putty-like material that can be manipulated into any shape. Your dentist uses it to close gaps and cover chipped areas. It can also be used to make a tooth look straighter.
- Crowns: Crowns completely encase a tooth, changing its appearance. They're a good option if you need to strengthen a damaged, chipped or broken tooth. Crowns are also used to lengthen a short tooth or improve the appearance of a crooked or unusually shaped tooth. They're made of strong materials, such as porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal or resin.
- Bridges: Bridges fill the gap that occurs when you lose a tooth. Crowns on either side of the gap anchor at least one false tooth. Bridges are made of porcelain or porcelain fused to metal.
- Dental implants: Dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. Titanium implants replace the roots of your lost tooth. Over a period of several months, the surrounding bone fuses with the implant, providing a strong foundation for the crown that will be placed on top of the implant.
- Dentures: Dentures come in both full and partial versions and are used to replace multiple missing teeth. Implant-supported dentures are also available.
Isn't it time you improved your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment? Schedule an appointment with your Easton, MD dentist, Dr. Kristine Houck Morris, at (410) 770-9211 to learn which treatment option is right for you. Transform your smile with cosmetic dentistry!